AUCTIONS HELD 1st & 3rd SATURDAY of Every Month
BUYERS NOTES and CONDITIONS
AUCTIONS Sales are held on the First and Third Saturdays of each month. (there is no Auction on the Third Saturday of December, or the First Saturday of January), commencing at 10am sharp.
VIEWING For viewing times see “About Us” page
REGISTRATION All buyers must Register at the Salerooms prior to Bidding, when they will be given a Bidding Number. There is a £1 Registration charge.
Car Parking. there is ample on-site parking available to customers
Refreshments Light refreshments will be available on Sale Days
TERMS OF SALE
BUYERS PREMIUM of 15% + VAT will be added to your Invoice
CASH, DEBIT or CREDIT CARD.
It is regretted that cheques can no longer be accepted.
Please Note – There is a Surcharge of 5% for all Credit Card and 1% for all debit card transactions
BIDDING Each buyer should procure a “BIDDING NUMBER” under which they bid to buy. At the fall of the hammer, the successful purchaser should clearly identify their number to the Auctioneer.
COMMISSION BIDS. We will be pleased to execute bids on behalf of buyers unable to attend Sales, after registering no charge is made for this service. Lots will be purchased as cheaply as permitted by other bids and reserves. Commission Bid Forms for completion before the commencement of each sale, are available from the Salesroom. Bids left by telephone or facsimile will be accepted only on the condition that they are at the sender’s risk.
PAYMENT When you have concluded your purchase/s you should hand your Bidding Number to the Sales Office; pay for the items purchased; obtain a receipt for the goods purchased, hand the copy of your receipt to a Porter, who will collect and hand your goods to you.
All items are to be paid for and collected by the end of the third working day after an auction. Failure to do so may result in a £1 per lot per day storage and handling fee.
Please do not collect your own goods, as mistakes can occur, and you may well be challenged by staff which, of course, may cause offence.
N.B. THERE IS A “NO SMOKING” POLICY THROUGHOUT OUR SALESROOMS
- The highest accepted bidder shall be the Purchaser. If any dispute arises between the bidders, or any mistakes be made, the lot will be put up again at the bidding immediately prior the dispute, or the Auctioneer may declare the Purchaser.
- The advance in the biddings to be regulated by the Auctioneer, who is to be the sole arbiter in the matter of dispute or mistake. He also reserves to himself the right to refuse any bidding, to bid on behalf of the Vendor in the case of lots (if any) upon which there is a reserve; to withdraw, consolidate or divide any lot or lots; to submit the lots in any order, without the regard to the position of the same in catalogue; as may be deemed advisable.
- Each and every lot shall, at the fall of the hammer, be considered as delivered, and no lot or lots can be removed until the whole amount of the Purchasers account shall be paid in full, and payment is to be made to the person appointed to deliver. No warranty is given or to be implied by the description in the catalogue, and no guarantee is given with any lot. The lots having been on view are sold with all faults, imperfections and errors of description.
- All lots must be paid for and cleared away from the premises at the Purchasers expense and risk, no later than 2pm on the day of the sale, unless prior arrangements have been made, in default of which the Auctioneers will not hold themselves in any way responsible if the lots be lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed and they will remain at the sole risk of the Purchaser.
- Any damage caused by removal or otherwise must be made good by the person committing the same, principals being considered responsible for the acts of their servants, such damage to be assessed by the Auctioneers.
- The Auctioneers reserve the right of making an allowance for the whole, or any portion of, a lot not delivered from any cause whatsoever – at the same rate at which such lot was purchased, inasmuch as the Auctioneers act only as Agents for the Vendor, they shall not be considered personally responsible for any default on the part of either the Vendor or Purchasers.
- Any lots uncleared by the appointed time, agreeably with the conditions, will be forfeited, and may be resold or warehoused at the expense of the Purchaser, any deficiency arising for Re-Sale, together with warehouse charges, and all attendant expenses, shall be made good by the Purchaser.
- Value Added Tax will be charged on lots as advertised, at the current rate.
- All articles designed to be powered by electricity are required to be tested for safety. Failure of the electric safety test will result in the lot being withdrawn from the sail. No warranty as to Condition or age is given by the Auctioneer or Vendors, nor is any to be implied.
- Purchasers of computers and related items are reminded that the Auctioneers and their Vendor Clients are selling the Hardware only, and NOT any Propriety Software.
- Prospective Purchasers are reminded that Sales by Auction are not Consumer Sales for the purpose of the Unfair Contracts Terms Act, 1977. They should therefore inspect the goods in which they are interested before bidding.
- The acceptance of all the above conditions as terms of contract of sale is and to be a term of and/or a condition predetermined to bidding of any lots receiving delivery of the said goods so auctioned and/or sold.
- HEALTH & SAFETY AT WORK ACT 1974
It is expressly brought to the bidders attention that, at the time of sale, any item or equipment contained in the lot(s) may not necessarily comply with health & Safety at Work Etc. Act 1974 or any other Act or Regulations there under governing the use of plant, machinery or equipment in a working environment. Successful Bidders for any such equipment at a place of work within the United Kingdom does not contravene such relevant Act or Regulation there under applicable thereto.
14. Members of the public are not to consume food or beverages purchased outside the property in the Auction Rooms.
Saturday 9th December 2017 at 10am
FRIDAY of Sale Week Viewing Times;
8am – 4.30 pm – Last entry 4.15pm
Morning of Sale 8am – 10am