AUCTIONS HELD 1st & 3rd SATURDAY of Every Month
- Commission on the sale of all items is charged at 15% of the amount realised, with a minimum charge of £3. In the event of goods failing to reach the Reserve Price, 5% or £5 whichever is the greater’ of that Reserve Price is charged. Commission will be subject to VAT at the current rate.
- The commission includes a share of the Auction sale expenses which include advertising, preparation of catalogues and pre-sale circulars, postage, porters, clerks and other incidental expenses.
- Unless otherwise instructed in writing, all goods on Lowestoft Auction Rooms / John M Peyto & Company Ltd’s premises shall remain at all times at the risk of the seller or consigner, and neither Lowestoft Auction Rooms / John M Peyto & Company Ltd nor their servants or agents will be responsible for any accidental loss, damage or breakage of any description, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
- All goods entered for sale will be inspected by the Auctioneers’ representatives and included in the next Auction considered appropriate within the programme of Auctions held by Lowestoft Auction Rooms / John M Peyto & Company Ltd., or other facilities within the Group. The Auctioneers reserve the right to reject any item(s) so entered.
- The seller or consigner of electrical or mechanical goods warrant and undertakes to Lowestoft Auction Rooms / John M Peyto & Company Ltd. that at the date on which the same are consigned to Lowestoft Auction Rooms / John M Peyto & Company Ltd. or put under Lowestoft Auction Rooms / John M Peyto & Company Ltd.’s control, that the same aresafe if reasonably used for the purpose for which they were designed, and free from defect not obvious on external inspection which could prove dangerous to human life or health and will indemnify Lowestoft Auction Rooms / John M Peyto & Company Ltd., its servants and agents against any loss or damage suffered by any of them in consequence of any breach of the above warranty and undertaking, or alternatively these items will be sold for “Spare Parts” use only.
- The seller or consigner of Electrial Goods shall pay a Safety test Fee to Lowestoft Auction Rooms / John M Peyto & Company Ltd. commensurate with the charges applicable at that time. This fee may be required to be paid in advance of the sale perchance the items to be sold do not reach a price to disburse this fee.
- Items for sale are accepted on the strict understanding that they will not be withdrawn subsequently. in the event of withdrawal prior to sale the Auctioneers reserve the right to charge a fee representing 5% of the value of the item(s) entered, or £5 per item, such a value to be assessed by the Auctioneers acting as experts. the decision of the Auctioneers in such an event shall be deemed final.
- Sellers and consigners must ensure that all items entered for sale are delivered to the Salerooms at the times arranged by the Auctioneers, together with a completed Entry Form. All goods entered for sale will be sold without a Reserve unless written notification to the contrary is given at the time of delivery.
- Any item entered for sale with a Reserve price and remaining Unsold at the first sale will, if not collected by the seller or consigner, be automatically re-entered for the following appropriate Auction(s) with the Reserve Price reduced by 25% each time, until sold.
- The Auctioneers reserve the right to make a charge at their standard rate on un-collected lots, to defray storage and additional portering costs after the third working day. If such storage remains unpaid for 1 month, the Auctioneers may, at any time thereafter, dispose of the goods either by selling without reserve to defray these charges, or by tipping.
Saturday 18th August 2018 at 10am
FRIDAY of Sale Week Viewing Times;
8am – 4.30 pm – Last entry 4.15pm
Morning of Sale 8am – 10am
NO CHILDREN UNDER 12 Years ALLOWED IN THE AUCTIONS ROOMS